Most people would say that housework is no laughing matter. Unless you’re hyper-organized (a.k.a. a neat freak), housework can be downright unpleasant.
The good news is that everyone else feels the same way! It has to be done, though, so when you find yourself feeling unmotivated to vacuum the pet hair off the sofa or wash yet another load of never-ending laundry, try to see the humor in it.
Hear me out. You may not be able to think of anything funny about laundry yourself, but there are plenty of funny people out there who know how to make the most of a bad situation.
In our free printable quotes and sayings category, you’ll find advice from brilliant, funny people on a wide range of topics from politics to parenting and everything in between.
Printable Funny Quotes
Our funny quotes section features zingers from some of the funniest people of our time, including Woody Allen, Phyllis Diller, Rodney Dangerfield, Ellen DeGeneres and Jerry Seinfeld. All of them can be printed out to hang on your wall, pin above your desk or just pass along to a friend.
Want to share it even faster? Just click on the customize button. You’ll be taken to a screen where you can make adjustments and print, but right beside the “Save” button, you’ll find a “Share” option. Alternatively, you can save it to your computer to share it on all of your social networks.
Funny Quotes About Laundry
One of our favorite housework quotes reads, “It’s better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week.” While that may be an exaggeration, it’s only a slight one.
Laundry can quickly become the bane of your existence as more people are added to your household. Looking for more funny quotes about housework?
Keep reading for more of our favorites from around the web!
Funny Housework Quotes
- Housework can’t kill you, but why take a chance? ~ Phyllis Diller
- Housework, if you do it right, will kill you. ~ Erma Bombeck
- Housework is what a woman does that nobody notices unless she hasn’t done it. ~ Evan Esar
- When it comes to housework the one thing no book of household management can ever tell you is how to begin. Or maybe I mean why. ~Katharine Whitehorn
- If the shelves are dusty and the pots don’t shine, it’s because I have better things to do with my time. ~ Anonymous
- My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors. ~ Bette Midler
- My theory on housework is, if the item doesn’t multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you? ~ Erma Bombeck
- My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance. ~ Anonymous
- I’m not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on. ~ Roseanne Barr
- Nature abhors a vacuum. And so do I. ~ Anne Gibbons
Related Articles about Free Daily Quotes
- Free Printable Quotes and Sayings for Daily Inspiration
- Top Romantic Quotes and Funny Sayings
- Engaging and Compelling Inspirational Quotes
- Refreshing, positive and playful quotes and sayings