Short Vowels - Write The Short Vowel Worksheet for Kindergarten
Vowels are one of two principal classes of speech sound. With these worksheets, you can help your students to distinguish sounds from one another. Click the printable to download it now!
# Views: 4502 | # Downloads: 66 | # Prints: 525
Click for Printing Tips
By: Jenny Printable
Your kids will surely enjoy this printable worksheet. Download and print now.
Short Vowels Worksheet
Short vowels are one of the most important elements of reading and writing. Teaching short vowel sounds is essential to help kids develop strong reading skills.
Here are a few ideas to help teach short vowel sounds:
1. Start with words that are easy to sound out. Make a list of short vowel words and post it in a visible spot. As kids become more comfortable with the short vowel sounds, gradually introduce harder words.
2. Use word games to practice identifying short vowel sounds. Try games like “I Spy” or “Hangman” where kids have to listen for specific vowel sounds in words.
3. Have kids read stories that focus on short vowel sounds. There are plenty of great books that can help teach this skill, such as The Cat in the Hat or The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
4. Encourage kids to sing along to songs that focus on short vowel sounds. Popular songs like “The ABC Song” and “Bingo” are great for teaching this concept.
5. Practice writing simple sentences that use short vowel words. This will help kids get comfortable using these words in their own writing later on.
Short vowels are an important part of reading and writing. By using these tips, you can help your child master this essential skill.
Check our website for more fun learning activities suitable for all ages and levels from preschool, kindergarten, and elementary school kids.
Download and customize your own packed full of enjoying activities for kids. Get yours now!
More From This Category